So, we normally try to keep things pretty PG on this blog (maybe a new adult blog is in order…maybe not.) But when we were approached by
Ms. Ana Blaze
we just couldn’t say “No” to having her come by for a visit.
Check out Ana’s favorite YA reads/recommendations and then follow on for a peek at a Twitter Contest that she is having for a chance to win a Free copy of her latest book, The Best Man!
Hi Meagan, thanks so much for having me over. I brought a list of a few of my favorite recent YA/ NA books.
Since this is a YA site, I’m going to take it as a given that you all know about the brilliant Hunger Games series and try to mention a few that are at least a little less known.
- If I Stay and its sequel, Where She Went by Gayle Foreman. This is a deeply moving, even haunting, story with so many perfect little moments. I cried. A lot.
- The Matched trilogy by Ally Condie. I was totally captured by this romance amidst a mysterious dystopian future.
- I’ve only read the first book from Jennifer Armentrout’s Lux series, Obsidian, but I will definitely be checking out more.
- Elsker by S.T. Bende has a great heroine and an enchanting hero, who also happens to be a Norse God.
- Gossamer by Renita Pizzitola is a wonderful new fae series.
- I’m a huge fan of Kelley Armstrong’s Otherworld series, so when I can across her YA series, Darkest Powers, I had to check them out. If you like a little paranormal mystery and action with your sweet YA romance, you should check them out too.
- Finally, I’m a big fan of P.C. and Kristen Cast’s House of Night series. I like the unique twists on vampire mythology.
I write contemporary and paranormal romance (for adults) and I’m hosting a twitter contest to give away a copy of my debut novel, The Best Man.
Twitter Contest to Win an E-Copy of The Best Man by Ana Blaze
Beth Chase is too busy planning perfect weddings to worry about the lack of action in her own love life. But if she was looking for a man, she wouldn’t be looking at Colin Pratt. Her boss swears that Best Man Colin is a quiet scholar and science fiction writer who couldn’t possibly cause a fuss at his own brother’s wedding. He’s clearly never met the man in question. Snarky, sexy and more than a little inebriated, Colin is the final obstacle between Beth and the last perfect wedding she needs to make partner. Of course, when she helps him into a taxi at the end of the night she has no idea that he’s only just begun to poke holes in her professional exterior. Colin might have the skills to seduce a romance professional, but can he convince her that he’s the best man to share her happy ever after?
Entering is easy. Just tweet @ana_blaze and include the hashtag #TheBestMan between midnight EST on June 7, 2013 and 11:59 p.m. EST on June 8, 2013!
For example, you could tweet:
@ana_blaze I married #TheBestMan I know.
@ana_blaze #TheBestMan is on my must read list.
@ana_blaze #TheBestMan made me breakfast in bed.
@ana_blaze I love sexy nerds. #TheBestMan
@ana_blaze I wish Beth would plan my wedding. #TheBestMan
@ana_blaze Being #TheBestMan is tough, but someone’s gotta do it.
or even just:
@ana_blaze I want to read #TheBestMan!
You get the idea. Twitter rules ask that we don’t have too many duplicate tweets, so it’s best (and frankly way more cool) if you come up with your own tweet. Ana is really looking forward to seeing what folks come up with. And hoping for some tweets about how to be #TheBestMan. It’s also best if you are following Ana on twitter. Apparently that’s the only way to guarantee that your tweet shows up in the search.
You can follow here: https://twitter.com/ana_blaze
You’re welcome to tweet (and enter) more than once, but please not more than once an hour. Let’s not annoy the Twitter-folk too much.
This contest is open internationally.
Void where prohibited.